[I-coordination] Rider to the definition of IG

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:52:05 CET 2013

> At 05:46 18/12/2013, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>
> IMHO This is an utopia and a fools dream.
>
> By advancing the so-called MS approach, we are trying to establish a more
> direct and more legitimate institutions of global governance, rooted
> directly in end users - popular sovereignty rather than national
> sovereignty.

Just one point of clarification to avoid further confusion since I may have
misinterpreted Milton's statement when he mentioned "global governance" and
not being specific about it being "Internet governance"

What I meant about being an utopia is to think that in general terms of
governance, governments will give up their national sovereignty and
relegate it to some sort of "new world order".

Going back to the Internet context, there are many things that governments
may consider sovereign, but they are not, classic example ccTLDs. ccTLDs
administration is a delegated responsibility, not a piece of sovereign
territory. For sure ccTLDs have much more autonomy to operate than other
TLDs, but still are part of the same system where stakeholders must
cooperate to keep the integrity of the system.

-Jorge