Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Dec 18 05:35:28 CET 2013

>What you say makes sense.  I'm not sure I agree that it was a way for
>governments to assert pre-eminence etc., but I admit that the assigning
>of roles to government-defined stakeholder groups has had strong negative effects.

Thanks.

>Given the position you state, does this imply that we should minimize the role of
>stakeholder groups and concentrate more upon desirable end states,

Yes, that is an important implication. But it also has process implications. By advancing the so-called MS approach, we are trying to establish a more direct and more legitimate institutions of global governance, rooted directly in end users - popular sovereignty rather than national sovereignty.