George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 02:31:12 CET 2013

Avri,

I agree.  That is why starting from a zero base with regard to enumerating the dimensions of Internet governance as well as the institutions and groups involved may actually be a useful exercise.  In addition, tour understanding of what Internet governance is may well have changed since 2004.  Ten years is a long time when dealing with the Internet.

Does anyone resonate to Ben Fuller's attempt to separate some of the components of INternet governance:

1. Technical
2. Community centered
3. Cross cutting

Or Brian Carpenter's recent proposed rider:

Internet governance does not concern the administration of
technical parameters of the Internet that affect its inner
workings rather than way it is used by society.

Can we effectively separate out those functions that deal completely with Internet technical operation and administration, or not?  If not, why not?  In the latter case, examples would really be helpful to understand that point of view.

George