[I-coordination] The self correcting nature of the American system? Judge rules against NSA tapping program. Snowden vindicated?

McTim mctimconsulting at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:37:27 CET 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Bob Bruen <korg at coldrain.net> wrote:

> Hi Patricio,
>
> Well, not exactly. Governments have chosen to give away or sell or designate
> others to run, their ccTLD, but initially it was theirs to do whatever they
> wanted,

Initially, most governments had zero say in who ran the ccTLD.  IANA
assigned them to folk who could demonstrate technical competency and
stewardship ability/potential.

It's only recently that many gov'ts have gotten into the game.

rgds,

McTim

 outside of ICANN's control. And they still are outside of ICANN's