[I-coordination] The self correcting nature of the American system? Judge rules against NSA tapping program. Snowden vindicated?

Patricio Poblete ppoblete at nic.cl
Tue Dec 17 17:54:42 CET 2013

> The ccTLDs (eg .cn. uk. etc) are pretty much of ICANN's control (see for
> example .su) because they were given to the nations to control.

Not exactly. To quote Chris Disspain:

As you have seen this morning there are many different ccTLD models – some
ccTLDs are run by government, some are run completely independent of
government
while others, such as Australia, are run by an independent body endorsed by
the
government.

http://www.wgig.org/docs/Disspain-July.pdf

Patricio Poblete