[I-coordination] The self correcting nature of the American system? Judge rules against NSA tapping program. Snowden vindicated?

Bob Bruen korg at coldrain.net
Tue Dec 17 15:14:59 CET 2013

Hi McTim,

The GAC does have some influence within ICANN, more than, say the RALOs,
but it is nowhere near the Registrars' influence. Otherwise ICANN
Compliance would still be functioning, the Sydney office would not have
been closed down, a number of compliance people would still have their
jobs and whois data accuracy would not be such a problem.

If IG is a serious issue, then the Registrar influence cannot be ignored.
All parts of the problem have to be addressed.

              -bob