[I-coordination] FW: Snapshots from ICANN HL Panel in London Re: [governance] [bestbits] press release about meeting of the high level panel

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 14:42:21 CET 2013

Thanks for the share Vladimir,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Vladimir Radunovic <vladar at diplomacy.edu>wrote:

> On the other hand 1Net was mentioned several times as the place in which
> public contributions on the draft report should be provided. It was of
> course only the reference to 1Net with regards to the HL Panel work, but it
> is possible that 1Net was envisaged with a broader goal; there was no
> further info however on how 1Net will proceed, nor on its Steering
> Committees or further steps.

I think this may be enough to start with. So long as the comments received
from 1Net are adequately integrated to produce a final document.  Some
members of the HL are somewhat represented on 1Net;  perhaps some of the
contributions towards the formation of drafts will also come from 1Net.
Nevertheless, the most important for me is that after all the talks and
long discussion on 1Net, its contributions should be well harvested and
integrated towards creating a better Internet ecosystem.

>  *Timeline*
>

> The timeline of meetings was presented in the press release as well. Yet
> let me combine it here with the updated info on other relevant 2014 events
> mentioned and not mentioned in London:
>
> 22-25 January, Davos: Side-meeting of the HL Panel during WEF annual
> meeting
>
> 27-28 February, US: 2nd HL meeting
>
> 31 March, Dubai (rather than Sharm): ITU WTDC
>
> 23-24 April, Sao Paolo: Brazil conference
>
> 28-29 April, Tallinn: Freedom Online Conference
>
> 3-4 May, Dubai: 3rd (final) HL meeting

Thanks for the timeline, and i hope that whatever draft(s) comes out of the
meeting will be provided ample time to discuss within 1Net.

>  I hope this shed bit more light on what this whole new initiative will be
> about. It is slightly clearer to me now, though I still have lots of
> questions about 1Net. It is my belief that we should try to, whatever the
> initial idea behind 1Net was (and also the HL Panel), explore its
> potentials to strengthen the IGF and improve communications among
> professional (and stakeholder) silos.

+1, everyone cannot be at the HL, from my own "low level" (LL) i look
forward to contributing and will be glad if i see those contributions (not
necessarily from me) make it to the HL towards further strengthening of the
IG

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*