[I-coordination] The self correcting nature of the American system? Judge rules against NSA tapping program. Snowden vindicated?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Dec 17 02:59:03 CET 2013

Listers

Apologies for cross posting.

In a landmark ruling a Federal District Court judge ruled on Monday that the National Security Agency program that is systematically keeping records of all Americans’ (and non Americans) phone calls most likely violates the Constitution, and he ordered the government to stop collecting data on two plaintiffs’ personal calls and destroy the records of their calling history.

Despite the system being broken, is the American influence on Internet Governance the best we have right now? I can't imagine such a ruling in China or Russia, let alone India, Brazil or South Africa - the so called BRICS countries championing a new dispensation on Internet Governance..

Ali Hussein

+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad