[I-coordination] Nominations to /1Net Steering committee - Business Stakeholder Group

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at ReedSmith.com
Mon Dec 16 23:43:45 CET 2013

I have just joined this list and I see that an inquiry was posted on December 5 (11 days ago) regarding the purported Business Stakeholder Group nominees.  After perusing the Archives for a while, I did not see any response to this question, so I am bringing it up again so that Adiel Akplogan or someone can respond.

There are a lot of different stakeholders that can fall under the category of “Business,” some with interests diametrically opposed to others, so it is an important question.

I look forward to learning more about this and 1net in general.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Rosette, Kristina <krosette at cov.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> Am I correctly understanding that all nominations from the Business
> Stakeholder Group for the Multistakeholder High-Level Committee,
> Multistakeholder Executive Committee and the /1Net Steering Committee are
> “done”, notwithstanding the December 15 deadline?
>

> If so, it would be very helpful to know the names and affiliations of the
> BSG nominees, which organization(s) nominated them, and how the decision was
> made that no further BSG nominations will be accepted.  I subscribe to the
> list in digest form, but I’ve skimmed the recent threads and haven’t found
> the message(s) that contain this information.  (I did also check on the
> /1Net website, which doesn’t mention the nomination process.  Perhaps it
> should.)
>

> I’m requesting the clarification both in my capacity as President of the
> ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency (so that I can share it with IPC
> members) and in an individual capacity.
>

> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Kristina Rosette
>
> Kristina Rosette
> Covington & Burling LLP
> 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
> Washington, DC  20004-2401
> voice:  202-662-5173
> direct fax:  202-778-5173
> main fax:  202-662-6291
> e-mail:  krosette at cov.com
> www.cov.com/krosette
>
> This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
> confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has
> been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your
> system.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Gregory S. Shatan
Partner
IP | Technology | Media
ReedSmithLLP
The business of relationships
599 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
212.549.0275 | Phone
917.816.6428 | Mobile
212.521.5450 | Fax
gshatan at reedsmith.com
www.reedsmith.com

* * *

This E-mail, along with any attachments, is considered confidential and may well be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.

* * *

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we inform you that, unless otherwise indicated in writing, any U.S. Federal tax advice contained in this communication  (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state and local provisions or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

Disclaimer Version RS.US.20.10.00