Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 21:26:58 CET 2013

> On Dec 16, 2013, at 1:08 PM, "Dr. Ben Fuller" <ben at fuller.na> wrote:
>
> The comments here are quite appropriate. The Internet is both a massive network of networks that requires rigorous technical standards to operate effectively and a phenomenon of massive socioeconomic impact that touches on many social and legal issues at global, national and local levels. These two 'realms' are distinct and at the same time connected to where they have the potential to impact each other. Each may require a different way of governing as well as strategies to get its decisions implemented. Each may require its own set of stakeholders for a multi stakeholder approach.

This is IHMO absolutely correct and the main driver of my previous comments about the need to split the discussions and focus on the specific issues we know exist today, at the macro not micro level, so a viable framework can be developed. There are issues that can and must be regulated, others that require just coordination and cooperation, but one size fits all under the "Governance" word will never work, will never happen.

It is like we are trying to make a wall picture of Internet Governance using the pieces of multiple puzzles that we put and mixed together in a common bowl. We may have an idea on how the final picture has to look like but unless we separate the pieces of each puzzle and we put skilled hands to work with them we will get nowhere.

Meanwhile the shows goes on and we keep finding creative ways on how to milk from the I* and other organizations coffers.

Regards
Jorge