[I-coordination] The India Story

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 00:52:54 CET 2013

> On Dec 15, 2013, at 12:54 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 11:45:04AM -0600, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>> even able to describe. And is also very concerning that on that short list
>> is also the country that is calling for a meeting about Internet Governance
>> next year.
>
> I think, to be fair, it was quite clear at the IGF in Bali that the
> country in question had changed its tune.  Apparently, someone
> explained "multistakeholder" in a way that made its advantages clear,
> and the relevant government authorities seemed to have come around.

Being optimistic and with a ton of goodwill one can think that could be the case and hope that they finally get it. It does not mean we have to stop the efforts but I'm also being cautiously pessimistic when a government has been executing so well a long term plan (kudos for that because it has been done with cooperation from many sectors, masking the funding through a non-governmental organization) to become a dominant regional  and international player in the telecommunications market.

Review what happen at the last WCIT and you will get a better and more complete picture.

Regards
Jorge