[I-coordination] The India Story

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 20:20:49 CET 2013

Dear Andrew Sullivan,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 11:45:04AM -0600, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> > even able to describe. And is also very concerning that on that short
> list
> > is also the country that is calling for a meeting about Internet
> Governance
> > next year.
>
> I think, to be fair, it was quite clear at the IGF in Bali that the
> country in question had changed its tune.

> Apparently, someone
> ​ explained "multistakeholder" in a way that made its advantages clear,and
> the relevant government authorities seemed to have come around.

​That could happen with a few other countries at least - ahead of or during
the Brazil meeting. The Community could reach out and make an effort to
make one or more countries to understand that the multi-stakeholder process
is not a threat to the existing order, but a higher evolution of the
present order.

Sivasubramanian M
​

> At least, that was my impression.