[I-coordination] Let the balkanization begin ...

n@v::n/0 {naveen} naveen.ccie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 12:44:48 CET 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the article.

This is quite common in India,.. never mind, just ignore them.

Read this article on IPv6

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/new-version-of-internet-addresses-available-in-india/1036560/

*"Indian Registry for Internet Names and Numbers (IRINN) has started
issuing next version of Internet addresses 'IPv6', which would make it easy
for security agencies to identify each Internet user. *

*The Internet addresses under the present version Ipv4 (Internet Protocol
version 4), are limited and service providers often assign single IP
address to many users, making it difficult to identify the end user."*

Guys fix the Root Servers....they are most of time down.

Regards,

Naveen K Lakshman

Internet Society India Chennai Chapter

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the wonderful characteristics of the Internet is that there is no
> amount of legislation that will ever stop the packets flowing if there is
> people willing to make that happen. I remember some interesting
> conversations during Inet'95 with folks from Turkey and how they manage to
> keep the network up meanwhile the government was trying to shutdown it.
>
> I agree with you, the lack of understanding is pretty substantial and it
> is worse when policy makers don't understand basic laws of cause and effect.
>
> Now do you really think you, us, will be able to educate them ? ... I
> think IPv6 will be fully deployed by then.
>
> -J
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton at ccianet.org>wrote:
>
>> On the contrary. The fact that something is not understood doesn’t mean
>> legislation won’t be entered into that isn’t workable; that happens all the
>> time, both at the national level and internationally too.
>>
>> There’s a serious problem globally: lack of understanding of the
>> Internet, leading to legislative moves to solve non-Internet problems
>> through ill-thought-through laws that screw up the Internet, but don’t
>> solve the underlying problem. We’re going to see a lot more of this. A
>> sustained, well-constructed outreach campaign is needed to educate
>> policymakers about how the Internet works.
>>
>> The saving grace here is that the opposition in country disagrees with
>> anything the government says, so hopefully once the election is over, there
>> will be another U-turn.
>>
>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 20:24, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't see much cause for concern as long as the proposal contains
>> meaningless
>> > words like these:
>> >
>> > "We should insist that data of all domain names originating from India
>> > should be stored in India. Similarly, all traffic originating/landing
>> > in India should be stored in India..."
>> >
>> > It is necessary to fight against this one:
>> >
>> > "It was important that management and control of the DNS should be
>> supervised
>> > by a 'Board' consisting of technical experts nominated by
>> governments..."
>> > but the chances of it happening are pretty slim.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >   Brian
>> >
>> > On 12/12/2013 23:28, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>> >>
>> http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/internet/article5434095.ece

>> two
>> (Gandhinagar and

Regards,