[I-coordination] ICANN's role vis-a-vis the Internet ecosystem

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 20:22:50 CET 2013

From a corporate/legal point of view, ICANN has no membership, so all decisions are done by the Board of Directors where in many cases there is no consensus but simple majority.

All the other structures under the ICANN umbrella play an advisory role without any decision power at the corporate level, but there is a channel through by the Nominating Committee where constituencies may be able to influence the decision process by nominating candidates to be members of the BoD.

From the constituencies level, each one has its own charter and the decision process may differ from one to another.

I'd not spend to much time reading Morse for background about Internet Governance and ICANN (btw I'm also a HAM operator but not much CW lately)

But you can include some Asimov, since sometimes discussions sound almost like science fiction

-Jorge