[I-coordination] ICANN's role vis-a-vis the Internet ecosystem

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 18:38:52 CET 2013

Oohh my, you have a lot of reading to do then.

All the history is on-line, many papers, several books. You can start by reading a paper from Jones Day about their side of the history how ICANN was created, you can read Milton's two books "Networks and States" and "Ruling the Root" There is a very good thesis dissertation by Craig Lyle Simon from University of Miami "Launching the DNS War" that can provide you a lot of insight, and much more.

All of these you can google.

About decision process and rationale there are countless hours of transcripts and minutes.

While I find your questions interesting and valid to learn about all this, I don't think this email list is the best vehicle to get the answers you are looking for.

Best Regards
-Jorge