[I-coordination] Let the balkanization begin ...

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 23:08:26 CET 2013

One of the wonderful characteristics of the Internet is that there is no
amount of legislation that will ever stop the packets flowing if there is
people willing to make that happen. I remember some interesting
conversations during Inet'95 with folks from Turkey and how they manage to
keep the network up meanwhile the government was trying to shutdown it.

I agree with you, the lack of understanding is pretty substantial and it is
worse when policy makers don't understand basic laws of cause and effect.

Now do you really think you, us, will be able to educate them ? ... I think
IPv6 will be fully deployed by then.

-J