[I-coordination] A different model

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:51:37 CET 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie>wrote:

> On 12/12/2013 02:24 PM, Bob Bruen wrote:
> > the other three English speaking
> > countries
>
> Ahem. While we're on about generalisations,
> AFAIK Ireland is not part of that club. And
> I'd bet there are other English speaking
> countries.

Well Ireland wasn't till you pointed it out to them.

>From what I hear, it is a very difficult club to avoid joining if they
decide they want you as a member.

If this was really all about terrorism then the club that would make sense
would be the US, UK, Ireland and Germany since the last three have common
experience of successfully dealing with terrorist threats.

The main lesson we learned was to put the police force in charge of
counter-terrorism and not the military. The military made a bad situation
worse (with a great deal of help from Conservative politicians).

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/