[I-coordination] A different model

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:13:16 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Bob Bruen <korg at coldrain.net> wrote:

>      No one said there was zero inflence, but much of the criticism is
>      hyperbolic because of the dislike of the US government.
>
>      I think "massive" is hyperbolic.

The thing that actually annoys me most about the current situation is that
Americans simply can't take any criticism of their government without
throwing accusations of anti-Americanism.

The big issue here is accountability and the US nationals don't want their
government to be accountable to non-nationals. Which is not compatible with
the US government being in control of the Internet.

Whoever is in control has to accept accountability. If people don't want
their motives or their honesty to be challenged then they should not run
for public office. I make no apologies at all for asking if the reason a
judge makes the rulings he does is because his wife receives $750K per year
in lobbying fees from organizations litigating cases in his court.

If the US does not want to accept accountability then it can't play that
role. 'You have to let us lead or you are being anti-American' is not a
persuasive case.

Accusing people who raise relevant questions of 'anti-Americanism' has to
be considered unacceptable if we are going to proceed.

As it happens I don't think that there is any group that has a large degree
of concern about the decisions the US has taken in its role. The issue is
what they might do in the future. And the one thing we know with certainty
here is that there will be a new President in 2017 and possibly a different
agenda.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/