Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:13:00 CET 2013

+1

As to the last paragraph there is an emergent discovery of a kind of
Internet Governance Gödel's Theorem that states that there is no way to
achieve a single statement of principles that is internally consistent and
at the same time compatible with all the existing proposals, since the
contradictions among them are extreme. So the best hope is for either a
"federation of statements" or something with very fuzzy edges interrnally
and on its edge.

Alejandro Pisanty

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Carlos,
>
> first of all I'm not a big soccer fan.
> Second, I don't mix feelings into professional discussions and debate even
> if I'm passionate about the subject.
> Third, I'll not deny that very often my comments need to be taken with
> some calcium, also as you know, English is not my first language so many
> times I'll go straight to the point with perhaps brute and crude words.
>
> I do not discount the importance of the massive surveillance issue, but it
> can not be framed just on the context of the paranoia and sensationalist
> treatment the media is given to Snowdenia, and many of the reactions (one
> of the reasons I consider this open dialog and preparation for the Brazil
> meeting with very high value) like proposals of balkanizing the Internet
> that have no common sense or technical sense at all, and will affect more
> adversely local users than the overall Internet.
>
> The issue of surveillance is NOT a technical problem. Yes we can have a
> discussion about technology to improve and increase privacy and security,
> but both concepts are relative, not absolute. There is no amount of crypto
> you can dump into the problem.
>
> It will be almost impossible to reach consensus on such a broad list of
> issues and participating sectors, where the basic understanding of the
> essentials differ so much from one group to another.
>
> What we can do is to reach an "agreement" on basic principles and what are
> the areas that need coordination and how to achieve it. In the ICANNsphere
> and IGFsphere now this is being called "enhanced cooperation", we do not
> need full consensus for it.
>
> Best Regards
> -Jorge
>
> (*) I have no clue who Ponte Preta is.

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty