[I-coordination] I-coordination Digest, Vol 3, Issue 70

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:46:21 CET 2013

Hi Nathalie,

I think I don't clearly understand your suggestion about explaining "what
is the Internet".

I believe that is basic knowledge that anybody, including legislators
(their aids) and new comers should already know to be able to be involved
in the discussion.

Also I don't think that it is necessary anymore to have more discussions
and costly meetings to work on pretty basic definitions, some of the
concepts related to this dialog have been discussed and documented in many
places, with much more intensity since WSIS 2003 in Geneva.

Don't get confused with IGF and the meeting in Brazil. While I'd expect
many IGF participants to show up in Brazil, this particular meeting is not
an IGF meeting so it will not be the place and time to present any report
to the IGF. But once again I don't see the value or need for such a
discussion and report.

In the technical community we have a very common acronym: RTM = Read The
Manual (note that I removed one of the letters for a more gentle version)

Regards
Jorge