[I-coordination] Surveillance by Governments around the world

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 08:56:34 CET 2013

Not really.

It doesn't matter what amount of crypto you throw to it, if the governments that have this capability keep the mandate and funding they will always find the way to do it.

IMHO it is a political problem that can't be solved with technology. After all, in the case of the US, the NSA folks are just doing their job, but I agree that appropriate and better oversight is needed.

But, strong crypto is not a bad proposal to increase the security and privacy of your data and communications from other pundits.

BTW, looking at the petition that was promoted by Google, some polls, and talking with people, not that many in the US care much about this.

-Jorge