[I-coordination] Surveillance by Governments around the world

sivasubramanian muthusamy 6.internet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 06:44:34 CET 2013

@ Alejandro:

Why is America the focus here? Soon after the Snowden revelations,  I was
asking someone in Chennai what he thought of what US has been doing, and
his reply: "Every Government does this all the time. US got caught"

These eight companies have made a good start, but they have greater
pressures in other countries, and by extension, Internet users in other
countries have greater problems, largely unseen .

This initiative needs to swiftly progress towards an expanded effort.

Sivasubramanian M

@Phillip

Military authorities match one another. I see Surveillance on Every common
man by Governments as the bigger problem. Limitations imposed by
legislation would not be of much help in many countries, because, in
matters of surveillance, many countries work way beyond the limitations
imposed by the legal framework.

Sivasubramanian M