[I-coordination] Surveillance by Governments around the world

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Dec 10 06:40:00 CET 2013

Perhaps Bruce Schneier has a point when he suggest that while transparency,
oversight, and reform are desirable, and worth working for, engineering
effective ubiquitous crypto on the Internet is the only practical solution
to widespread bulk surveillance..

http://youtu.be/PkANFt_wIc0

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM, sivasubramanian muthusamy <
> 6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/technology/tech-giants-issue-call-for-limits-on-government-surveillance-of-users.html
>>
>> Find and include a few more companies from a few other countries to
>> persuade more governments?
>>

> It is not a proposal the governments are going to accept though.
>
> No surveillance except by law enforcement with a specific court order is a
> much more defensible position. I have no problem with intercepts by civil
> authorities against specific targets. I have a big problem with military
> authorities performing that type of activity on that scale.
>

> --
> Website: http://hallambaker.com/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com