[I-coordination] Surveillance by Governments around the world

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 04:59:18 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM, sivasubramanian muthusamy <
6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/technology/tech-giants-issue-call-for-limits-on-government-surveillance-of-users.html
>
> Find and include a few more companies from a few other countries to
> persuade more governments?

It is not a proposal the governments are going to accept though.

No surveillance except by law enforcement with a specific court order is a
much more defensible position. I have no problem with intercepts by civil
authorities against specific targets. I have a big problem with military
authorities performing that type of activity on that scale.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/