[I-coordination] Surveillance by Governments around the world

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 04:28:11 CET 2013

S.,

(apologies for partial cross-posting):

for months some of us have been saying that the post-Snowden situation
calls less for changes in Internet Governance than for changes in
Surveillance Governance (#SnoopGovernance is the hashtag we have used for
this in Twitter.)

This is also an application of the layers principle of Internet
architecture. Citizens and the Internet technical community (i.e., we?)
should be more active pursuing that goal in our national spaces - many are
- as well as the international ones. And certainly calling corporations to
accounts as much as governments.

I have to confess that I am hugely skeptical of the result; but at least
confining the space of lawlessness to a smaller realm may be a worthy goal.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM, sivasubramanian muthusamy <
6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/technology/tech-giants-issue-call-for-limits-on-government-surveillance-of-users.html
>
> Find and include a few more companies from a few other countries to
> persuade more governments?
>
> Sivasubramanian M
> India

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty