Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Mon Dec 9 16:26:08 CET 2013

We could, but why would we, since neither of those events is taking place and as you note it is extreme?

It seems to me that we should allow for the fact that Brazil is seeing a reasoned debate on a topical subject or subjects - and work to ensure that the debate and outcome is reasoned and constructive. Assuming the worst, it seems to me, is hardly likely to lead to either of those outcomes.

It is easy to be critical and cynical - but what kind of world does that end up fostering?