JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Dec 7 13:23:39 CET 2013

At 11:22 07/12/2013, Nigel Hickson wrote:
>I agree with Nick; let us stay positive; Fadi made it very clear (in
>numerous public sessions at IG and at ICANN 48) that we are all in
>this together.

The question remains that is never answered: who are the "we"? Who
does decide for them? With whith legitimacy?

>  Some trust has been lost in the Internet Governance model and it
> falls on all of us to do what we can to preserve the model we
> believe in.  ICANN's mission is very much tied to a single, open,
> secure and interoperable Internet and it is not, therefore, sup
> rising that we should be involved in a desire to preserve such.

Global Trust has never been given to the IG US model because it is
supposed to legitimately favor the US interests. This is why the WSIS
was called.

WCIT has shown that this trust is now denied. Snowden has publicly
evidenced not only why but also that in addition the IG US model was
NOT favorable to the global US, people and trade interests.

This is what is to be discussed, most probably at the Brazil
suggestion at the WCIT, that has been recalled by the UN Dilma
Rousseff's delivery. Sao Paulo results from a positive anwers from US
stakeholders (not only USG and US interests, but all those who need
the warranty of an US stability during the investigated transition period).

Individual should not be discussed in politics, what counts are the
common interest agenda they serve and/or adhere to.

There is an I* coalition. It has expressed its favored methodoloy
(MSism). It has not disclosed its agenda nor its Lynn St Amour's
(according her) coordinated strategic plan. We do not even know if
1NET represent them or not.
jfc