John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Dec 6 19:50:12 CET 2013

On Dec 7, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't make the assertion about 1Net being formed as a unified lobbying group, or said that Fadi's meeting in Brasil was discussed in Montevideo.

Correct, you did not make such assertions.  You simply informed McTim he needed to correct
his agenda and facts when he refuted Fouad's assertions in this area.  McTim was correct in
pointing out that "The above is NOT possible because in Montevideo, the I*s didn't know there
would be a Brazil mtg. They didn't even know that Fadi would get a mtg with Brazilian Pres."

McTim's statement of facts, at least with regard to the Montevideo meeting, are quite correct.
There was no discussion of a Brazil meeting; there was discussion of the need for a 1net
initiative to improve community engagement on Internet governance matters.

> About that particular meeting in Brazil, Fadi's mandate according to the ICANN BoD was by the end of September, Montevideo was 10/7, Fadi in Brasilia 10/9.
> Just find out when he learned about the meeting and when travel arrangements to Brasilia were made, that will help clear the transparency issues.

Excellent questions for you to raise with Fadi if you have such concerns.  I can't speak to what
Fadi's goals or aspirations or travel plans were when he was in Montevideo, only to what the
I* leaders actually discussed when we got together.

Thanks!
/John