[I-coordination] Nominations to /1Net Steering committee - Business Stakeholder Group

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:32:26 CET 2013

I believe that brings us back to the same concern that I've raised. If
a list is created then it is given at least 1-2 months before a
nomination process is started so as sufficient membership or traffic
can take part in the process. Such a process is also kept open and
temporary nominations are made to help the group move forward without
making any kind of concrete assignments.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Rosette, Kristina <krosette at cov.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> Am I correctly understanding that all nominations from the Business
> Stakeholder Group for the Multistakeholder High-Level Committee,
> Multistakeholder Executive Committee and the /1Net Steering Committee are
> “done”, notwithstanding the December 15 deadline?
>

> If so, it would be very helpful to know the names and affiliations of the
> BSG nominees, which organization(s) nominated them, and how the decision was
> made that no further BSG nominations will be accepted.  I subscribe to the
> list in digest form, but I’ve skimmed the recent threads and haven’t found
> the message(s) that contain this information.  (I did also check on the
> /1Net website, which doesn’t mention the nomination process.  Perhaps it
> should.)
>

> I’m requesting the clarification both in my capacity as President of the
> ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency (so that I can share it with IPC
> members) and in an individual capacity.
>

> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Kristina Rosette
>
> Kristina Rosette
> Covington & Burling LLP
> 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
> Washington, DC  20004-2401
> voice:  202-662-5173
> direct fax:  202-778-5173
> main fax:  202-662-6291
> e-mail:  krosette at cov.com
> www.cov.com/krosette
>
> This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
> confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has
> been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your
> system.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards.