Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Dec 6 05:35:50 CET 2013

On 5 Dec 2013, at 4:41 pm, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Out of curiosity who is making these decisions on behalf of civil society? Was NCSG, one of the biggest longest involved CS groups in the actual work of Internet governance, part of that decision?

The selection of interim liaisons for the Brazil meeting was done on the spot at the Bali IGF, as recorded in the letter that Parminder resent to the list (by representatives from Best Bits, IRP, IGC and APC).  NCSG was not part of that, although some NCSG members were.  But everyone agreed that it was necessary to bring NCSG in fully.  So that's why Robin Gross has now joined representatives of those same organisations (currently minus IRP and plus Diplo) in the civil society coordination group that has since come together to handle joint nominations for things like the HLP, 1net and soon the two Brazil meeting committees.  Hope that clarifies.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.