parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Dec 5 17:16:22 CET 2013

On Thursday 05 December 2013 08:30 PM, Klaus Stoll wrote:
> Dear Milton
>
> Thanks for your comment, and lets call a spate a bloody shovel. In
> today's funding climate, in particular in the civil society sector,
> sitting on the table or not can be a question of live and death, if I
> eat tomorrow or not. There seems to be a need for some to keep away
> their "brothers and sisters" and to strategically secure territory and
> claim significance.

I am not sure what you are talking about here, Klaus, but whatever it is
appears not very charitable... The civil society groups that wrote to
the Brazilian authorities for a direct liaison are Civil Society
Internet Governance Caucus, Best Bits, Internet Right and Principles
Coalition, and APC.... Still, as my email said, we welcome any other
civil society group to do as it likes in this regard. Your unkind
remarks for such a broad group of civil society networks, organisations,
and individuals are not called for.

I am attaching the joint letter for reference..

parminder