Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:00:46 CET 2013

Dear Milton

Thanks for your comment, and lets call a spate a bloody shovel. In
today's funding climate, in particular in the civil society sector,
sitting on the table or not can be a question of live and death, if I
eat tomorrow or not. There seems to be a need for some to keep away
their "brothers and sisters" and to strategically secure territory and
claim significance. That is understandable, the question here again is
what happens to the common good?. Also those who want to establish 1net
need to be aware that whatever they  do they have been and will upset
many apple cards on the way. I feel, if 1net want to achieve its mission
it just has to keep on rolling without taking to much notice of these
self interest based bumps in the road. If we want to secure the multi
stakeholder model in IG, we will not achieve this by saving our own
skins first, then see whats left for the rest, and then see if we can do
something about what we set out to do in the first place. In this time
we have to risk something to make progress. I did hear the word
"urgency" again and again in the context of 1net. Urgency was mainly
used in the context of time, but this time there is also another
urgency, the urgency to be prepared to put everything, (or at least
something), on the table in order to "innovate" something better. The
joke is, if we keep protecting what we think is ours, we die because
nothing will move and at some point someone will just walk over us and
he\she will not ask for permission. Those who will risk something, will
survive because they are able to contribute. These are not normal times,
these are not the time to protect, these are times to risk and construct.

Yours

Klaus