Hossam Elgamal hossam.el-gamal at gnsegroup.com
Thu Dec 5 13:16:27 CET 2013

Dear Klaus and all,

After following for a good period of time such Chain of emails expressing interest and still confusion towards 1net and related Multistakeholders approach, I wish to confirm clearly that we have not identified best bottom up approach to voice required Multistakeholdering in any steering committee or focused teams... Personally representing the main ICT industry Association in Egypt with more than 500 member companies (Vice Chair), and representing African ICT Alliance AFICTA with more than 10 countries (Board Member), voicing as well as my colleagues for African ICT Industry, and countries' strategy from NGO and BA perspective, we can see clearly that AFRICA (business, NGOs and Academia) is not properly represented.

How can this be counted for? How can we really promote multilateralism and multistakeholding in 1net representation and build a better bottom up processes that would not lead to same weaknesses and drawbacks embedded in existing mechanism and representation?!!!

I trust that all members on the mailing list are looking forward for an enhanced approach toward Internet Governance counting for all voices so to reflect better advocacy and healthier bottom up approach with more emphasis on reflecting points of view of growing economies and less developed nations Businesses, Civil Society and Academia!

Can we take this into consideration while building the coalition and its steering committee and focused teams?!

Best,
Hossam R. El-Gamal
www.aficta.org
www.eitesal.org