Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu Dec 5 13:08:33 CET 2013

Hello Klaus,

On 2013-12-05, at 15:32 PM, Klaus Stoll <kdrstoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings and Thanks for this, very useful. First time something that seems to be more or less clear.
>
> Whilst the aim seems to be clear, I just want to put it on the record again, that the process has a huge legitimacy problem. Just because the big 5 decide that ,quite rightly!!!, "some thing needs to be done and some thing needs to be done fast" in order to defend us against unilateralism and support multi stakeholderism in IG. Nobody should be under the illusion that this is a button up movement, because it is not.

… but it can still become.

> I personally support 1net, I will participate in the process, but only because I am at the same time working to implement real bottom up processes in IG with the organizations I am involved with and we need to build bridges.

Thanks and I think that should be the aim of all of us.

> As I explained in another email, there are many other organizations that will strongly support and defend multi stakeholderism in IG but they are not even on 1nets radar and that have no chance to engage or be engaged as they have no idea what is going on and 1net does not know where they are and how to involve them.

And we need to get them onboard. We need to quickly move into that aspect of /1Net. Getting a wider variety of people and organisations like those you mentioned engaged. This need to happen. But right now it can't happen without being seen as top town activity. The steering committee has to be setup quickly to help in that.

> We wasted 2 weeks on technical issues and internal stuff, it would have been better to spend that time also to reach out.

Agree. But I think we can/should continue to reach out informally until a formal well organised campaign is started.

> As we are in a committee frenzy at the moment, may I suggest an 1net outreach committee that does not consist of the usual cross structural blind candidates.

Good idea.

> Lets get the 1net coalition going, because there seems to be a need for it, but at the same time, let's be clear, this is not "IT", its just a small step in a very long way and a way that will hopefully avoid in the future top down initiatives like 1net.

100% in agreement.

- a.