Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 12:32:08 CET 2013

Dear Adiel, Dear Friends

Greetings and Thanks for this, very useful. First time something that
seems to be more or less clear.

Whilst the aim seems to be clear, I just want to put it on the record
again, that the process has a huge legitimacy problem. Just because the
big 5 decide that ,quite rightly!!!, "some thing needs to be done and
some thing needs to be done fast" in order to defend us against
unilateralism and support multi stakeholderism in IG. Nobody should be
under the illusion that this is a button up movement, because it is not.
I personally support 1net, I will participate in the process, but only
because I am at the same time working to implement real bottom up
processes in IG with the organizations I am involved with and we need to
build bridges. As I explained in another email, there are many other
organizations that will strongly support and defend multi stakeholderism
in IG but they are not even on 1nets radar and that have no chance to
engage or be engaged as they have no idea what is going on and 1net does
not know where they are and how to involve them. We wasted 2 weeks on
technical issues and internal stuff, it would have been better to spend
that time also to reach out. As we are in a committee frenzy at the
moment, may I suggest an 1net outreach committee that does not consist
of the usual cross structural blind candidates.
Lets get the 1net coalition going, because there seems to be a need for
it, but at the same time, let's be clear, this is not "IT", its just a
small step in a very long way and a way that will hopefully avoid in the
future top down initiatives like 1net.

Yours

Klaus

PS: During the next week I will send an email that outlines some ways
that will be in place to discuss and implement some specific IG
governance issues and here in particular the so called ICANN "orphan
issues". Thank you everybody who reacted and supported the suggestions
in my email to this list some days ago, we are busy to pick them up and
make then happen as one of the pieces in the IG jigsaw.