John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 4 23:15:45 CET 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 5:32 AM, Roland Perry <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:

> In message <44E109E9-0C9A-41BF-97A9-037BEAF83753 at corp.arin.net>, at
> 21:09:54 on Wed, 4 Dec 2013, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> writes
>> At this time, we actually don't know to the extent that a steering committee
>> member will be asked to represent the view of any particular body.
>
> When do you think we might be in a position to know that (either in the
> positive or negative)?

When a 1net steering committee is seated, and decides with more precision
regarding such matters?

The 1net Steering Committee could decide to focus on primarily administrative
matters and facilitating the production of 1net outcomes by the participants
at large on this list and other collaborative mechanisms (this would be taking
1net towards the "open" multistakeholderism approach) or alternatively it could
focus on processes that emphasize the role of the 1net steering committee in
the shaping and approval of 1net outcomes (i.e. taking a more "representative"
multistakeholderism approach)

There are no "right" or 'wrong" approaches here, just unknowns to be filled in
so that everyone can decide the level of interest and participation that is
warranted in the 1net effort.

FYI,
/John

Disclaimers: My views alone - feel free replace in entirety with better developed
thoughts on these matters...