John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 4 18:28:20 CET 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 12:57 AM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:

> I also don't think I fully understand why we need something more than,
> "Propose some stuff on this list, and have some discussion here about
> whether they're the right answer."  Or even, "Five volunteers go away
> and come up with some proposal and then bring it back to the list."
> Things called "steering committee" sound to me a lot like "top-down",
> for what it's worth.

Andrew -

  There are pragmatic decisions to be made - e.g."Should the website
  be updated with content "foo" now, or is it better to wait until
  both "foo" and "bar" are available next week and update at once?",
  "What topics should 1net work on initially, and what is the right
  process for adding/dropping topics?", "What tools and mechanisms
  (e.g. wiki, shared workspaces, etc) should 1net use, beyond just
  the mailing list, for its collaboration efforts?"

  Unless we want Adiel as the acting 1net coordinator simply making
  the decision on all such matters (which is also an option, as he's
  quite bright and capable :-), a 1net steering committee would
  probably be desired.

Thanks,
/John

Disclaimers: My views alone.