Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Dec 4 17:57:28 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:03:19AM +0000, John Curran wrote:

> Could the other stakeholder groups on the mailing list please
> identify if they are working on identifying names for the 1net
> steering committee?  I am aware that Civil Society is working
> on such from the attached email from Sala, but do not know
> about the Technical or Academic communities...

The difficulty I'm having with this request is that I'm not sure who
could speak for the so-called Technical Community (I say so-called
because I'm not even sure it's a meaningful category).

I also don't think I fully understand why we need something more than,
"Propose some stuff on this list, and have some discussion here about
whether they're the right answer."  Or even, "Five volunteers go away
and come up with some proposal and then bring it back to the list."
Things called "steering committee" sound to me a lot like "top-down",
for what it's worth.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com