Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:06:50 CET 2013

sent from Google nexus
On 4 Dec 2013 03:33, "Ian Peter" <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> Jorge wrote:
>
> >I'd gladly bring more people from the "bottom" that may be willing to
participate, I don't have a particular affiliation so I consider myself
part of the bottom.

> enough assholes here already IMHO (sorry coudn’t resist that...)

Yeah the list needs more of those to provoke new ideas and contributions. I
like the idea of getting folks from the bottom onboard (which I belong).
Perhaps we will get more practical and less grammatical contributions :)

Cheers!

as a reference model of a working multistakeholder organization.

>> Jorge -
>>
>>   I don't know if it a language issue or some other lack of clarity, but
we don't seem
>>   to be actually achieving communications.   You've replied implying I
called 1net
>>   "a bottom-up initiative" and such is bogus.
>

> Perhaps a little bit of both, compounded with perception and posture.
>

>>   I did not say "1net is a bottom-up initiative", what I said was that
while 1net was
>>   brought into being by the I* leaders, that fact does not preclude it
from being run
>>   as a bottom-up initiative  _if folks desire such and participate_.
Specifically -

> Very often is not what we say "literately"  but what we infer and others
interpret. I'm very clear that you didn't say that, but is being "marketed"
as that, and if by a fact it is not today we'll make it bottom up...that's
not really my understanding and perception of a grassroots bottom up
movement... but it is not even a "movement" now some say.

> I'm in the same page as Brian Carpenter, I'm still trying to understand
why we need 1net and what is (are) the problem(s) we are trying to solve.

> About the website, I'd suggest we reduce the db's on promoting it too
much until it has some meaningful content. First thing you see when you get
there is "Safeguarding the Public Trust of the Internet".... so 1net became
now "The Templars of the Internet" ?