[I-coordination] A Framework for Recent Internet Governance Discussions – From Montevideo Statement to 1net (was: Re: What is 1net to me?)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 4 02:05:35 CET 2013

On Dec 4, 2013, at 8:14 AM, "Jeremy Malcolm" <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> If that is so, then I can't support 1net in that form, as I think the technical community has been fixated for too long on the idea that there are technical solutions to policy problems, and the idea that its version of the multi-stakeholder model is the only way to produce these solutions.

Jeremy -

   I do not believe in either of the above statements.  Where there
   are technical solutions, we should talk about them; where there
   is not, we need to work even closer with other segments of the
   greater Internet community (including governments) to find ways
   forward.

   Why do you feel it should be otherwise?

/John

Disclaimers: My views alone.