joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Mon Dec 2 21:55:00 CET 2013

Colleagues:

I appreciate that there is some frustration with the status quo and that
there are issues that permeate governance that go beyond the concepts
that have been set forth to discuss in the working groups. I also
appreciate the concept of not being limited by artificial constraints
that were not the result of a true multi-stakeholder consultation and
agreement. As you know I have already highlighted the need for process
to make us truly multi-stakeholder and I believe all of the
constituencies are in the process of nominating experts to participate
in the process.  My view is that those experts will be participating in
a representative capacity to help drive issue discussions and proposed
work, but will need to consult back with the broader community they
represent before approving anything going forward as consensus
position.  As we consider the possible processes we can put in place to
enable this work to progress I am mindful that we cannot boil the ocean
of all issues. While we should not be overly constrained in the work we
choose to undertake, we must be realistic that some topics will require
work in the near and mid term. So perhaps one of the early process
questions we ask is how to manage and prioritize topics and work?
Nothing in that level of goal orientation for the working groups should
preclude a broader discussion of issues on the list, but perhaps we can
distinguish between things we should discuss and things we need to
discuss within specific groups based on upcoming events...

Best-

Joe