Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Dec 2 18:07:21 CET 2013

OK, so Adiel sent his "call" in a _reply_ to a message from Jordan of InternetNZ about another topic.
The header of the message does not say "CALL for nominations" nor does it specify a particular deadline, it just says "It will be good if each group starts identifying their reps. Can we give ourselves up to one week to set this up?" after which he was immediately informed that 1 week was not a viable deadline.
There were no followup reminders, no announcements regarding extension of the "deadline," etc.

Furthermore, a large number of the current list members joined 1net list after that Nov 18 message was sent. That's why you post things on web sites or wikis, not simply send them to lists.

I am not trying to be negative here, I am just saying that the platform coordination currently leaves much to be desired.