John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Dec 2 04:36:24 CET 2013

On Dec 2, 2013, at 6:24 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO calling 1net a bottom-up initiative is as bogus as taking ICANN as a reference model of a working multistakeholder organization.

Jorge -

  I don't know if it a language issue or some other lack of clarity, but we don't seem
  to be actually achieving communications.   You've replied implying I called 1net
  "a bottom-up initiative" and such is bogus.

  I did not say "1net is a bottom-up initiative", what I said was that while 1net was
  brought into being by the I* leaders, that fact does not preclude it from being run
  as a bottom-up initiative  _if folks desire such and participate_.  Specifically -

      ' the only way "1net" will not be the result of bottom-up actions is from lack of
        participation rather than lack of opportunity.   One would hope that folks who
        have contact with "the real bottom" will work to make that community aware
        of the initiative and enable their participation. '

  In other words, 1net is certainly capable of operation as a bottom-up initiative; whether
  it achieves that is more dependent on whether folks invite others to actively participate
  or not.  It would be most excellent if you could help with inviting "the real bottom" to
  participate and help make it truly bottom-up.  You are under no obligation to do so (but
  obviously there is a bit of irony in complaining about lack of bottom-up participation in
  1net after failing to participate and/or encourage others to do same.)

Thanks,
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.