Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 22:23:17 CET 2013

Hi Marilia,

Though your message is directed to Paul, I just want to add to the list of questions, legitamacy and on what grounds of rationality? I see lots of big words and discussions in the mailing list archive. Civil society from the developing world wasn't in there.

Are we moving towards a more organized lobbying or pressure group or is this just another attempt in the footsteps like the eG8 or the BRIC assertion from the past or only that there is one government pushing it and a loose technical community group attempting to create a desired legitamacy of views and opinions? Who allowed this legitamacy?

Why are IGF, regional IGFs and ICANN meetings falling short for the members of this list  whereas most of them already serve on the IGF MAG as well as ICANN ac/oc's. Where did they loose out in IGF and ICANN that a new space has to be suddenly created? Let's be rational because these are the questions being asked?

Best Regards
Fouad Bajwa

Sent from my mobile device