Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Dec 1 19:31:44 CET 2013

On 01/12/2013 18:39, John Curran wrote:
> the only way "1net" will not be the result of bottom-up actions
> is from lack of  participation rather than lack of opportunity.   One would hope that folks who have
> contact with "the real bottom" will work to make that community aware of the initiative and enable
> their participation.

Absolutely agreed. There is a *lot* of work to do at the bottom,
starting with recruiting more people to our cause, and yet, as soon as
there's a lot of work, it's a lot harder to have participation. I am
always surprised that when there's a call for representatives on a small
committee there are a lot of potential candidates but when it comes to
contributing some significant work, toiling deeply in working groups,
the candidate list decreases dramatically.

So perhaps when Paul Wilson shares his view on what is 1net for him, I'd
like to ask everyone else on the list!: what is 1net for each of you
and, by extension, what is 1net for your local community?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD